Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Starting to Feel the Love...

Scout and Molly were spayed and neutered yesterday, and both did remarkably well! Marcie called to check in on them after lunch, and though she had originally planned to leave them there for the night to recouperate, she decided they needed to be home with her and Matt. Here's an email that Marcie sent this morning:

Both pups are doing much better today :-) Scout acts as if nothing happened. Molly is still uncomfortable I think; but, she had a very good appetite last night and this morning. Scout wouldn't eat dinner - but he did have breakfast.

They have not had one accident while they've been with us! And, I know they have to potty because when we go outside they tinkle and tinkle. I'm trying to really keep them on a schedule. I think that will help more than anything.

Matt is spending a lot of time with them. Molly seems to be nervous around men. You can tell she wants to love them. She'll go over to Matt very carefully and he'll pet her and talk to her - then she comes back over and gets in my lap and looks at me like, "I'm just not too sure about him yet." :-) It's so sweet.

They are absolutely no problem at all - very sweet angels. Scout is always very concerned about Molly. He wants to see what she's doing and make sure she's ok.

I wish I knew what their lives were like before. There is this sad look in their eyes that just breaks my heart. Scout seems to be coming out of it faster than Molly. It looks like Molly has had at least one litter of puppies. I think with a safe place to stay, yummy food, walks and some love, they'll come around quickly! I'm so glad we're getting to spend this time with them :-)


This evening we're going to work on walking up and down stairs. Scout is terrified of stairs. He is also afraid to walk on the hardwood floors. The downstairs room they are in has carpet and he seems fine with that.

Scout and Molly have made huge strides in the few days they've been with Marcie and Matt. Dogs are resilient creatures. Scout and Molly have been through a lot in their short little lives, but, as Marcie stated above, with some love and kindness, they'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment